Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Epilogue




All Good Things Must Come To An End...

Well the trip is history…but memories, memories and more memories. I love looking at all the pictures and reliving the experience. It was a wonderful trip and I enjoyed traveling with my sister so much. I thank God for allowing us to have a safe trip.

I have really enjoyed blogging and learning how it works. It helps you remember things that you may otherwise forget on a long trip. Thanks to the friend that encouraged me to do it!

Pat is seven years older than me. She says that she had to take care of me when I was young. She told me that she once told Mama that they did not ask her if she wanted a baby sister. BUT, she is glad she has one now.

Growing up she was my idol. She was pretty and had plenty of friends. I wanted to be just like her. I am sure I was a pain sometimes being the little sister and wanting to follow her everywhere.

It’s funny, but the difference between 20 and 27 is nowhere near the difference between 10 and 17. As adults, we became very close friends and I continued to look up to her. After losing our parents and living our individual lives, our closeness faded but not our love for each other and we spend little time together.

Several years ago, we took a siblings cruise and the same year we took a ladies cruise. We discovered again that we like to travel together and have fun. We have had some great times together and look forward to the next adventure and where it will take us.

Live every day as if it was your last. It may be.

Don’t let opportunities pass you by.


Until the next time. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment