Monday, July 19, 2010

Wednesday -- Heading Back to Carolina


Wednesday morning began with breakfast and finishing packing. I spent a few minutes outside on the patio looking at the scenery. One thing you see very little of out here is grass. Most yards, patios etc are rock with some plants and a few trees. No grass cutting…that sounds nice.



Rose & Larry drove us to the airport. I hated saying goodbye to them. I have enjoyed spending time with both of them. Checking in was uneventful and did not take too long. After going through security, we stopped at Burger King for a sandwich and water to take on the plane with us.


At the Las Vegas Airport...













The plane was not completely full, so we had an empty seat between us. I got a window seat again. I loved it. I spent most of the time looking out the window.













The mountains, rivers, farmlands and clouds were beautiful and awesome. I believe that we flew over the Grand Canyon. I have discovered that I really like flying.

































Up in the clouds!!


















Landing in Charlotte North Carolina



























After retrieving our luggage, we took the shuttle to the parking lot and to our car. We left the airport headed to Pat’s house.


We decided to stop at Lexington BarBQue for dinner. Chopped barbeque, hushpuppies, slaw, and then peach cobbler ala mode was our meal of choice. Delicious!!!!!

We arrived at Sis’s house, unloaded the car and then spent time with her three dogs and her husband. Then it was time for sleep. Pat has to go to work in the morning and I am traveling home.


On Thursday morning, we got up about 7 a.m. I packed my car and headed to Lumberton about 7:45 a.m. The drive home was uneventful and safe.

Can't Wait 'Til The Next Adventure!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment